A list of all of the ISCs, links to their websites, and more information about the ISCs in general can be found here: http://www.icomos.org/en/network/international-scientific-committees/list-of-international-scientific-committees
How to Join a Committee
Expert Member Status
- ISCs must accept as Expert Members all ICOMOS members who meet the criteria adopted by each ISC, regardless of which National Committee they are affiliated with.
- While this is not a certification process, it does constitute international recognition by ICOMOS of our members’ particular expertise.
- To maintain Expert Member status, active participation in Committee research and project initiatives is required, as well as periodic attendance at ISC meetings and conferences, which are held in various places throughout the world.
Entry-Level Membership (only available to International Members of US/ICOMOS)
- The Principles also provide for an entry-level membership for those whose experience is not yet sufficient to qualify as experts but who wish to develop a particular expertise.
- Through mentoring and active participation in its activities, each ISC will assist entry-level members achieve expert status.
- Each ISC will make its own determination regarding applicant member level. Any member in disagreement with the ISC decision may appeal to the ICOMOS Scientific Council.
- To apply:
- Email your resume/Curriculum Vitae and a brief description of your qualifications to the appropriate committee chair listed in this document: http://www.icomos.org/images/DOCUMENTS/Secretariat/Adresses/adresses-csi.pdf
- Once a determination has been made, please let us know your ISC membership status by emailing email@example.com. We will update your record in our database. Thank you!